Monday, October 13, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside - Up There.

Tyler and I made a quick jaunt up to our old house last weekend, since Chris had been finishing up a plumbing project up there for part of the week. I missed my family, and, well, the Fall weather, too. I also had to do some things to prepare our house to rent it out since the market is down and we can't compete with all the houses in foreclosure.

So, I left the nice 95 degree weather to make the trip to experience the "Fall" weather, since it is my favorite season. I don't know what happened, but all we got was winter. Brrrrrrrrrrr! Apparently, I missed the one week of Fall, because it was snowing and cold. I was so dillusional in thinking that it would be close to as warm there as it is down here that I packed only one long sleeve shirt and pants for Tyler. No Coat!!! And, for myself, I only packed sandles and short sleeved shirts. Crazy! Needless to say, I was cold.

We went to the Witches Festival at Gardner Village. It was fun, even if it was cold and windy. Then we drive through the canyon to look at the beautiful leaves, but also got a good view of snow.

The trip was short, but well needed. We came home to 66 degree weather (I'll take that any day over 40 degrees).

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

I feel so bad I missed you! Hmm...I guess that give me more reason to come visit. You're right, there really only was a week or two of fall weather. Sorry you only got winter. I think it'll be a bit of a shock when I come home after being in such hot, humid weather.