Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Paper Route

I guess I've been slacking lately about posting anything on my blog. Well, actually I haven't been slacking, I just haven't had anything I've really wanted to share. Perhaps it's a feeling of guilt that has pushed me to post - anything. Afterall, I've been reading the juicy or not-so-juicy tidbits of your lives, so I guess I should share the wealth (or mundaness of my life).

Well, Mr. Wonderful and I have recently picked up for a paper route. Yes, you read that right. Yeahhh! Woohoo! With work being slow, it seems like a good enough way to earn a little extra money. I should state that Chris signed us up (since he's most proud of this fact). Yesterday, we actually found ourselves arguing over whose route it was going to be (mine or his). Later, we had a great laugh over how pathetic our "arguement" was. But, we being pathetic people, are actually excited about this new "job". For me, it's a nice escape from being in the house all day. For Mr. Wonderful, it's something to keep him busy until work picks up more.

So, we started the route today, and we both half expected to be surrounded by 12 year-old boys on bikes or maybe cute little housewives when we picked up the papers for our route. Not so much, I think some of them may have been convicts and others druggies. Well, I'm pretty sure about that. Interesting.

The paper route is fine, but I think I'm really going to miss sleeping in (or going out of town). Don't worry, I'm not riding my bike around with the newspaper satchel around my neck. Now that would be too embarrassing.

4 comments:

Sister Leitner said...

Oh, that brings back memories! I used to be a sub for my neighbor's route and I really disliked trying to balance the paper bag on my handlebars and throw the paper with one hand. I usually just pedalled my bike all the way up the driveway just so I wouldn't fall off (and also to make sure the paper was right on the doormat). I can see you chucking the papers from the car window. Or, better yet, are you driving around in the truck and chucking them out the back? I think this is a great activity for you to do together and I hope you enjoy it.

Anjella said...

I don't think I could get up early enough to keep a paper route. I had one as a kid though. Our mom signed US up. Well... have fun!

I'm glad you posted again. I check you blog regularly to see if you do and I love what you write!

((((HUGS COUS))))

Ap said...

Hey on those mornings you really don't want to get up early just remind Chris that it was his idea and go back to sleep??? Kidding.
You have to pick up the papers? My brother had a route and they dropped the papers off at our house but maybe it was different back then.

Blogger said...

Even if you don't ride a bike, in my imagination you do. I love it!