Sunday, November 21, 2010

Does this only happen to me?

Well, we're here in Crowley, Texas. I have lots to post about this new place, but I don't have time today. I'll post it later (just like I always say that about writing in my journal) :)

As many of you may know, I love going on Sunday drives. It's just something I learned to love while growing up. Anyway, so, what better place to take a Sunday drive than a new place (and thanks to our best friend, the Garmin, we don't have to worry about not being able to find our way back home). So, after church, we quickly ate lunch, changed into our comfy clothes, and took off on our little adventure. It was fun to see the quaint little towns and all the green open space not far south of Fort Worth. We saw 2 big (Texas-sized) garage sales along the way, and decided to stop to look around. (Is it bad to look at a garage sale on Sunday? I didn't think it was bad, and we didn't find anything to buy anyway).

While we were at the last garage sale, Tyler threw up all over his clothes. I'm at least grateful he didn't puke in the car. So, we wiped him up with half a package of baby wipes, and then Chris stripped him down to his skivies. Obviously, we decided to go straight home with our nearly naked child, who quickly fell asleep once we started heading home.

One the way back, we drove over a bolt, which blew our tire about 8 miles from home. Luckily, it was almost right in front of a Firestone, which happened to be opened on a Sunday. So, we limped with our now shredded tire into the parking lot realizing that Christmas is quickly going down the drain. We had to buy a set of tires, because, of course, you can't just buy one tire. I am grateful that Firestone was open and that we at least didn't have to replace the rim, though.

So, there we were sitting in the half-full Firestone lobby in our scroungies, with our nearly naked sleeping child. One lady just stared; I'm sure she was wondering about the hillbillies who drive around with their naked child. We really enjoyed watching the Poker championships with sport commentators for an hour, too. Welcome to Texas!!! Do we dare to go on anymore adventures?

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Yikes! Sounds like the week I've had! I hope Tyler gets feeling better.

Ap said...

Well at least you didn't have curlers in your hair.

MIchelle said...

So funny!!!!!!! You have turned into hillbillies!!!