Saturday, August 2, 2008

Fishies

Today, Chris and I decided that since we had nothing better to do and since Las Vegas is so close ( less than 1 1/2 hours away) to drive out to see the Bass Pro Shop. My sister had seen one in Missouri and had told me they were very cool, even cooler than Cabela's. Now, I personally do not think Cabela's is that great of a place to visit, but Chris looks at it like it's his little Disneyland (well not quite that great, but you get the point). But my sister truly thought the Bass Pro Shop was cool, so it must be.


Honestly, it just reminded me of Cabela's. They do have a couple of small waterfalls, sharks, swordfish, and other large fish hanging from the ceiling, and a really huge, cool aquarium. (If you're in the area, it's nice to visit; but don't make a special trip to see this place).

Tyler loved the aquarium. He also learned a new word, "fishies." All I did was point to the fish once and told him what they were. After that he would just stare bewildered into the glass tank and say, "fishies", over and over and over. We must have stood there for over an hour just staring into the tank while he pointed and called to the "fishies". Even after we walked away, all he could talk about was the "fishies". I am truly a proud parent; I love all the new words Tyler is learning.

My only regret: I FORGOT MY CAMERA TO CATCH THE MOMENT!

Here are some pictures from the Bass Pro Shops' website. Unfortunately, they didn't have a picture of the aquarium, but this second one is of all the sharks, swordfish, and other large fish hanging from the ceiling.











(As a side note, I have heard the one in Missouri is twice the size and twice as cool).

1 comments:

MIchelle said...

Tyler is so cute. That is really cute that he says fishie now. Ellie's favorite words are "no" and "Abby".