Monday, February 16, 2009

Did I Tell You We Moved?

Guess what we did for Valentine's Day?

We MOVED, again!

Chances are you didn't know we were moving, because . . . . well, I didn't really tell hardly anyone. I know I said 7 months ago (or whenever we moved to St. George) that we weren't going to move for a long time. Well, I guess we changed our minds.

In an effort to cut back on expenses, we decided to move to a "smaller" house and pay less rent. So, we gave up the pool and the six bedroom (which we really didn't need, anyway). Luckily, we found a great four bedroom home in our same ward, which we were happy about since we love the ward we are in down here. For $400.00 less a month we get . . .

A kitchen that inspires me to cook! Woohoo!

No, really that's not all. But really I do LOVE the kitchen! It's huge! and beautiful (the pictures really don't begin to show how big and great it is, but take my word on it). We really feel like we lucked out to find such a nice home (granite countertops, slate floors, clean carpet, big garage). We love the house (even if I have to share the office with my sewing room). The neighborhood is great, too. It's kind of in a circle, so the street isn't busy at all. And there a tons of kids for Tyler to play with - when he's old enough to play, that is. (I will say that two kids have already stopped by to ask if they could play with Tyler. Very funny!)

Although, we will miss the pool, I think the trade off of an inspiring kitchen is well worth it! Please stop by if you're ever in the area.


6 comments:

Sister Leitner said...

Sweet Valentine gift! Your new place looks wonderful. Love that kitchen! If you start testing out any new recipes that are worthy to pass along, don't forget me. I'm always looking for great dishes to add to my collection.

PDXTingeys said...

Cute place! Yeah, let me know if try any new recipes too.

Ap said...

I love that kitchen!!! You are probably the only person I know who moves more often than I do.

The Good Life: GMGE said...

You didn't say where you moved to. How will I know where to visit if I'm ever passing through?

Busted Shoelace said...

We're still here in St. George. We actually only moved about a block away from the other house we were living in.

Anjella said...

Looks BEAUTIFUL TO ME!!! What are you cook'n?!?!?!?