Monday, February 2, 2009

The Super Sew

As most of you probably already know, I am not a fan of sports. I used to pretend to like them while I was single, but I never enjoyed them. Sure, I did my stints of showing school pride in high school and college, but, let's face it it was all for the guys that I hoped I might meet or impress. Thank goodness, I married a man who finds them equally as uninteresting.

So, of course, I didn't realize Sunday was the Super Bowl until I saw all the headlines on the newspapers we deliver. Then I have heard about it all morning on the radio today. I don't get it. I admit I used to like watching the Jazz play on occasion, before the lockout in the early 2000s. But the whole holding-out-for-more-money thing put me over the edge of disinterest for all sports. I admit I never really enjoyed watching football - NEVER. I mean why should I pay to watch someone else do their hobbies?

But this got me thinking - you know the whole pay to watch hobbies. I decided to start my own hobby-watching event. I love to sew, and I know I am good at it. I decided to start the NCSA (National Competitive Sewing Association). We will charge $50 per seat for the average seats and $80 for the good seats at regular season events. And $200 average/$500 good per seat for the "Super Sew" championships.

Now hiring team owners and coaches. League tryouts will be on Thursday. Who's with me?

Obviously, I'm joking. But you get the idea of how I feel about sports. I do wish I could be paid to do my hobbies, though.

5 comments:

MIchelle said...

I want to tryout.

Anonymous said...

Yeah to this day I still never have understood Football. People have tried to explain it to me but the game still doesn't make any sense. Luckily Gary raely watches so I don't have to pretend to understand.
But yes do let me try out.

Ap said...

I understand less about sewing than I do football. I'll run the concession stand.

Sister Leitner said...

I totally didn't get your title until the end and then I thought it was hilarious. What? You don't like sports???? This is a tragedy I was not aware of. I think you would have made a great basketball player. Anytime you want to crochet me some washcloths feel free.

Anjella said...

I'm so there! GAME ON!