Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy 6th Birthday, Mom!

Even though she is our mom, she still seems like a young lady to us kids. This year was a, let's just say a "notable" birthday for her, so we kids decided to through her a special birthday party to celebrate. We went with the theme of a Six Year-Old Birthday Party. It was a surprise, so we sent out our invitations hoping no one would spill the beans.
My job was to get her to the church where the party was being held without her finding out why we were going there. At 4:00 p.m. on a Saturday, there aren't many convincing ideas to get her to a church without any suspicion. How about telling her I need to go to a wedding reception??? At 4:00 p.m.??? No, that would never work. What about inviting her to Jennifer's ward's Super Saturday (since it was at a church Jen's stake)??? Again, at 4:00 p.m.?? Too suspicions and unbelievable. What about a craft fair? At a church??? Needless to say, ideas were sparse. We finally ended up settling on making Jennifer tell my mom her kids were in a ward roadshow. It took some coaxing, because we Sego's are terrible liars, bu Jennifer pulled it off. Chris pretended he didnt' want to go, because that is very believable (he went to the church by himself and met us there). Then Tyler and I went with her to the church. It was a surprise for her, even though she did recognize some of the cars in the parking lot.
Our party was filled with fun kids games and mom dressed as a princess (sparkling tiara, wand, cape and all). We played musical chairs, pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey, pinata, and all. We handed out prizes to the winners just like you would at a kid party. We even had a craft table to make our own wands if we wanted. For dinner, we had pizza, breadsticks, and a kid birthday staple--cupcakes! It was fun to see my mom and our adult relatives playing kids games and just have a good time. I think everyone who came had a good time....being a kid.
Happy 6th birthday, young lady, MOM! We love you!!!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

What a fun birthday party! I hope your mom had a great day. How could she not with such great kids! It looks like you're enjoy St. George. (I, personally, love St. George.) If you need any help finding great hiking spots, let me know. I'll hook you up.

Anjella said...

Where are the pictures??? I would have loved to sneek a peek. After all, she is my Aunty :o)

Thanks for posting it's fun to read.

When are you comming up to Utah County? Let's get together.

Three Guys and a Gal said...

I found your blog. It took me a time or two. I thought you said broken shoelace. Um wierd blog that one. I was hoping it wasnt you! Now besides walking with you ever day I can blog stalk you! HAHA

Three Guys and a Gal said...

Oh and by the way Jax and Ryker were freaking that we have Tyler on the computer. They told Willie all about him tonight. He has been the topic all night long!! He is darling!