Saturday, November 1, 2008

Little Sherlock

I have been very excited for Tyler's first real Halloween experience. Although I did dress him up for Halloween last year, well, due to some unfortunate events we don't talk about around our house, no one actually saw him last year. So, I have been excited to dress him up and take him trick or treating. This year he went as Little Sherlock Holmes (and believe me he was even more adorable than these pictures show).

We had a rough start............meaning Tyler didn't want to wear his hat or costume. He cried when I kept putting on his hat for one little picture. Please just one little picture to share with Grandma. Pleeeaaaasse!

Pllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssse. I'll give you a treat.
We almost gave up, but, as most excited parents, we decided to go along with our plans. We started out at the Red Cliffs Mall (since our ward didn't do a trunk-or-treat). He was tugging at his hat as we walked in. He was mad at me for making him wear the costume, so he would only hold daddy's hand as we walked. (I tried not to take this personally).

The first store we came to..........what? Tyler was stunned........and stared while the lady dropped some candy into his pail. She gave him two pieces since she felt bad since he looked so cute and didn't have any candy.

Next store, again he was bewildered - why were people giving me candy? By the third store, he had understood that his costume was helping his cause. He was getting candy for wearing his costume. The rest of the time, he walked proudly through the mall, holding tight onto his pail. And not to mention, a little proud of his costume.

We finished the night off by going trick-or-treating to a few of our neighbors houses. Tyler had a blast. Daddy gleamed with pride (and I mean gleamed). Mommy was happy, too, to share this first Halloween experience with her little buddy.And, this morning, he put his costume on again. Apparently, he had so much fun, he wanted to do it again. So he put on his coat and even put on his hat, and came up to me gesturing me toward to the door. Then he went up to daddy, grabbed his hand, and pointed to the door to go out. Mr. Wonderful and I have been laughing about this all day. What a cutie!

This was last year! For those of you who missed out (which is everyone).

5 comments:

Anjella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anjella said...

What a hoot! I so loved your story.

We took Ellie and the boys to "Boo at the Zoo" this year and the first trick-or-treat stop we came to, Ellie refused to hold her pail, burried her face in her hands, and started bawling! I wondered waht this meant for trick-or-treating this year; thinking one of us might be staying home with her.

She too, when realized she got candy to put in the bucket, perked right up. She went through all the other trick-or-treat stops with out a glich. Little drama queen!

I think Tyler is soooo adorable in his little costume. How orginal!!! Thanks for sharing.

MIchelle said...

Cute Jeanette. Is that fabric from mom's stash or did you buy that? He really looks cute. I wish we could have seen him.

Ap said...

Too cute!!! You are way too creative when it comes to costumes.

Em said...

His costume is so cute! But that's what I should expect from the costume queen. I still remember your Rapunzel, wasn't it? Fun times!