Sunday, November 30, 2008

Two Thanksgivings

I love Thanksgiving. I love what it stands for - Gratitude (for making it through another year). I love being with family. And I love the food.

Since, we got married, Chris and I have started a tradition of doing our own Thanksgiving meal either the Sunday before or after Thanksgiving. This year we did it before. It's fun because I like to cook, and I am trying to find the best recipes to our favorite holiday dishes. I think I have found my favorite apple pie recipe (I actually got it off "Take Home Chef" - very yummy) and my favorite yam recipe. I'm still working on finding a really delicious stuffing recipe, though. Chris mainly just loves the turkey and potatoes. He kept wanting to go home from church early, because he was so excited. It was worth the wait. And the leftovers are wonderful, too.

We went to my mom's for Thanksgiving. This year it was just us, Mike's family, Becca, and my mom. For some that may sound big, but it was small for us since it was an off year for the rest of the family. It was a nice, quaint group for a wonderful meal.

Now, it's time for Christmas festivities to start. Woohoo!

1 comments:

Ap said...

What a great tradition. There is nothing as yummy as Thanksgiving food and that means twice as many leftovers!!!