Friday, December 19, 2008

Holiday Cheer

Today, as I was doing my mid-morning walk, I decided to walk through the mall parking lot for a short cut on my way back home. Unfortunately, I witnessed the craziness that this holiday can cause. Apparently, one guy had stolen another guy's parking spot. The 75-year old guy claimed he had been waiting for over 5 minutes for that parking spot. The 65-year old guy claimed he didn't see him waiting and said he'd been waiting for it, too. From my perspective, I honestly hadn't seen the 75-year old's blinker, but I was a annoyed (at first) for him, since this has happened to me before.

BUT! It didn't end there! Nope, the 75-year old guy kept spitting out a long list of swear words and telling the 65-year old to move his car or he'd beat him up. The 65-year old got out of his car (he being big a man big in stature - 6'5" and average weight) and asked him why he was yelling so much and what did he say he was going to do? The older guy rolled up his window leaving a crack and held up his pepper spray through the crack with a warning. The 65-year old said he wasn't going to argue anymore and told his wife to come out of the car to go into the mall.

Now, you may think this would end it. BUT, you'd be wrong. As the 65-year old couple was walking into the mall, the 75-year old man, who hadn't moved his car an inch (still parked behind the other car preventing him from moving even if he ever planned to), got out of his car holding a knife or some other sharp silver object and had decided to vandalize the other car.

However, the 65-year olds had turned around and started shouting at him through the parking lot that he better not touch their car or they would report him (They had his license plate number). The 75-year old still using his long list of foul words said he every right since they had stolen his parking space, which he kept mentioning he had waited for over 5 minutes for. He kept inching closer to their car with his sharp, silver object in hand each time they turned around.

Finally, the 65-year old wife came back towards the car as she was dialing for the police. When the 75-year old saw she was calling the police, he too started dialing the police. I finally walked away as I heard him tattling, "These people stole my parking space and wouldn't give it back."

I felt safe that the police could now deal with this holiday "cheer", and probably have a good laugh over it at the station.

Why had I stayed so long? Well, for the entertainment of it, and in case they needed a witness (in case anyone was killed over this parking space stealing incident).

THE KICKER IS: The parking lot wasn't full. Just six spaces down, there were plenty more spots. It's not like University Mall or SouthTowne Mall, where you may have to drive around for 30 minutes to find any parking spot. IT WAS JUST A CLOSE SPOT!

Ages have been guessetimates, used only to show how even seniors get upset over silly things.

The lesson I learned: shop online!

5 comments:

MIchelle said...

Hey my blog is going private, so post go to my blog and post your email (don't worry, all my comments are private for the time being).

Anjella said...

That was a hilarious story! Too bad you didn't have a camera phone with you, you could have posted it on YouTube. :)

Thanks for inviting me to your blog. :)

Blogger said...

That story is classic. I love it. Leanna

MIchelle said...

Nice!!! Thanks for sharing such a great story. I needed a laugh. I have to admit, I was just thinking they were lame for fighting over a spot. But the fact that there were more spots not far away, kills me. I was totally picturing a full lot.

Ap said...

Great story!!! Isn't it crazy what some people will fight over??? Especially durign the Christmas season when we are all supposed to be nice to each other.