Thursday, December 18, 2008

Let It Snow!

Surprisingly, St. George does get snow. It snowed all day on Monday, but nothing stuck. Then it snowed again all day on Wednesday and all night. We used these opportunities to drive around and look at the lights, so it would feel more like Christmas, which was a fun family outing.

Thursday, we woke up to a measly 2 inches for all that snowing effort. I had to laugh when I heard that schools had closed down due to the snow. For two inches??? You've got to be kidding me. (Later, I learned they don't have snow removal equipment here in St. George).

A lady at the doctor's office said it hasn't snowed like this in 17 years, so people here don't know how to drive in it. What??? It was only 2 inches. I was skeptical that it had really been 17 years, but, when I asked my neighbor friend about it, she said it's true. Apparently, it may snow briefly like once or twice a year, but it never sticks.

Chris isn't happy about the cold weather, which he says is what he wanted to leave behind when we moved here. He keeps walking around the house saying, "Just my luck. It snows worse than it has in 30 years just because I moved here." I never told him 30 years. As for me, it was only 2 inches, and I liked that it made things feel more like Christmas (Christmas lights on palm trees and cacti just doesn't quite do the trick for me).

0 comments: