Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wilted Flower

Have you ever had one of those days that you thought you looked better than you did (while interacting with several people) and then looked in the mirror to realize that you look horrible? That was my day today. I recently started a new job (I'll tell you about it later) working from home (it's legit!-no survey taking here), and I met with both my boss and another girl who works for the company. The whole time I met with them I thought, "Yeah, I look good." I had put a little makeup on this morning, so I "thought" I looked decent (as in not a homeless, rag-a-muffin). . . . Until I looked in the mirror, and boy do I look like a person who has given up on life!!! Very Scary!!! Somehow, between 9:00 am and 2:00 pm, my makeup has completely worn off and my "outfit" looks very stay-at-home-momish in a very bad way (I'm getting rid of my comfort pants). I'm sorry there will be no pictures.

Several years ago my sister and I read a "Cathy" comic strip where Cathy had just got home from a date and looked in the mirror only to discover she looked like a horrible mess. So, she combed her hair and fixed her makeup, and tried to convince herself that's really how she had really looked on the date. Yeah, that's how I felt today. (Sorry, I tried to find the comic strip, but to no avail.)

7 comments:

Heidi said...

You described my every day!

Three Guys and a Gal said...

I am with you. I think that happens to me almost everytime I get ready for work. We need to get together!! Girls night is calling our name!!

Anjella said...

That is too funny. BUT... I am betting you didn't look quite as bad as you thought you did. We are our own worst critics!

Ap said...

Hey I just had a couple of those days in a row. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Sister Leitner said...

That was a funny post in which I can related to. I don't usually wear makeup other than foundation but I have noticed over the past few months that I look OLD AND TIRED, so I've been applying some eye makeup only to discover it wearing off halfway through the day. So annoying. No wonder I didn't bother before. I'm sure you looked wonderful in your natural state. The great thing is that you are off the market so who really cares!

Rebecca said...

I had one of those days yesterday and they wanted to take my picture at work (I refused of course). And I still refer to that comic on a regular basis.

Anonymous said...

I talk about that comic strip all of the time. I told the young women about it and friends, but no one gets it like we do. I so wish I had a copy of that hanging up in my house. That has descibed my life many, many times. I love that you remember it too. We're so twins.